The cooperation among the BRICS IP offices aims at enhancing the value of IP and to ensure its contribution to the economic development and growth in the member countries. The cooperation was originated from the 2012 BRICS Heads of IP offices meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.
The members are：
- the National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI- BRAZIL)
- the Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent- RUSSIA)
- Patents, Designs and Trade Marks of the IP Office (CGPDTM-INDIA)
- the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China (SIPO- CHINA)
- and the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC-SOUTH AFRICA)
CIPC-SOUTH AFRICA hosted the 1st BRICS Heads of IP Meeting in Magaliesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa on 14 – 16 May 2013 in which a cooperation Roadmap for BRICS IP cooperation was adopted.